Thursday, January 27, 2011

Seeing Love Requires Humility

What's Your Perspective?

S- Lamentations 5:19 NLT
But Lord, you remain the same forever! Your throne continues from generation to generation.

O- In the middle of the judgments and the punishments he was declaring on Israel, he declares the goodness and faithfulness of God. Jeremiah could see the large picture of what God was doing. Every punishment  was because God cared about Israel and not because he was angry and evil. Jeremiah could only have that perspective when he saw how evil Israel was. To see the goodness of God, we need to see how evil we actually are. When we see what we actually deserve, we can see God's love in discipline. When we think we are all good, God's discipline looks like hatred. We can only see the love of God through the lens of humility.

A- Many times God corrects me through my authority. In my parents, my pastors, my spouse, and even my kids,  I see God's gentle hand nudging me toward change because He loves me. The path of the just is as a shining light that shines more and more until the perfect day. I will not instantly be perfect. Perfection is a process that requires constant correction and discipline.

P- God, thank you for pointing out my weaknesses. I know that your correction is a sign of being your son. Give me grace to seek out sharpening in your word and not just insight and revelation. Your Word discerns the thoughts and intents of my heart and will continue to make me more like Christ as I let it shine in the places that are uncomfortable.

No comments:

Post a Comment