Saturday, January 22, 2011

Grace & Correction

CORRECTION & GRACE

Scripture: Genesis 42:35, "As they were emptying their sacks, there in each man's sack was his pouch of silver. When they and their father saw their money pouches, they were frightened."

Observation: Because we are not like God, we react to God's grace and His correction wrongly. Grace is viewed with questions, suspicions and fear. Correction is misconstrued as judgement. Joseph cast the brothers in prison and held Simeon longer than others. His actions were mistaken as a curse from God because of what they did to Joseph when in reality it was Joseph correcting them. The silver pouches were not an oversight, it was grace at work. Man always misjudges God's actions and questions His motives.

Application: I need to see that God always deals with me as a Father, not a judge. When events don't go as planned or crisis is faced because of my wrong motives or attitudes, I need to see it as a step of growth, not a penalty of judgment. I also need to see grace at work with all of it. My Simeon will be imprisoned till change takes place from the correction I experience. Correction is my friend because grace (my Joseph) is at work.



Prayer: "Open my eyes to see life from Your heart's motives, not my own human perspective and action."

1 comment:

  1. Appreciate your insights and wisdom in this forum. I want correction to form me as quickly as possible so I don't need to live in the jail.

    ReplyDelete