Wednesday, January 12, 2011

January 12, 2011 - Sharina Husted

S: Genesis 31:41-42 “I worked for you 14 years for your two daughters and six years for your flocks, and you changed my wages ten times. If the God of my father, had not been with me, you would surely have sent me away empty-handed. But God has seen my hardship and the toil of my hands and last night he rebuked you.”

O: This whole story is pretty amazing. I laughed out loud many times….the sisters in competition for their husbands attention….throwing their servants at their husband, competing over how many kids they could bear, selling their mandrakes for time/attention. Jacob deceitfully breeding the strong animals with spots and then taking his possessions and running away from his father in law. So filled with drama and craziness yet it’s in the Bible. And even though he stole his brothers birthright, the Lord’s blessing was with him. I loved how dedicated and devoted he was at working hard, being loyal to his father in law, being industrious, wise, and the Lord saw it all and rewarded him for his effort.

A: The Lord knows all and sees all. He will reward those who diligently seek Him and serve him. I don’t have to worry about receiving praise from “people” or being recognized because the one person who matters the most in my life sees me and knows me. He loves me and showers me with affirmation, approval, and love.

P: Father, you are my source of strength, joy and life. It’s amazing how you watched Jacob closely in the 20 years of labor and you rewarded him with your blessing. I pray that you would help me to be faithful in serving you and would help Ryan and I to teach our kids to love and serve you too!

2 comments:

  1. More amazing than the 2 wives are the 12 children. And I think I'm busy...

    ReplyDelete
  2. i appreciate your heart that's first dedicated to the Lord.

    Here's a poem I memorized in college: "It matters not who gets the credit, Only let the job be done. God alone will handle credits, At the setting of the sun."

    ReplyDelete