Saturday, January 29, 2011

The Perfect Disciple

It's so SIMPLE!!!!!

John 12:44-50 NKJV

Then Jesus cried out and said, “He who believes in Me, believes not in Me but in Him who sent Me. And he who sees Me sees Him who sent Me. I have come as a light into the world, that whoever believes in Me should not abide in darkness. And if anyone hears My words and does not believe, I do not judge him; for I did not come to judge the world but to save the world. He who rejects Me, and does not receive My words, has that which judges him— the word that I have spoken will judge him in the last day. For I have not spoken on My own authority; but the Father who sent Me gave Me a command, what I should say and what I should speak. And I know that His command is everlasting life. Therefore, whatever I speak, just as the Father has told Me, so I speak.”

O/
Jesus was and is the perfect disciple! He did everything the Father asked of Him. He said only what He heard the Father speak, and we have the bible for that.
He understood who He was and that He is God's Son and that when you are God's son or daughter He will live in you! So when people see you they will see the Father, and that is accomplished by doing what He asks of you and speaking truth, not adding or subtracting from the bible. The bible is truth and is the word of God and is what He spoke so we can speak what we hear through reading and listening to what He says.

A/
I'm gonna look at the bible so much more differently. God speaks through the words of the bible straight to my heart. I know that God will give me the opportunity for more revelations as I grow and mature so that I will not abuse and distort the knowledge that He reveals. It is a responsibility to share what we hear God speak. And a blessing!

P/
Thank you Daddy for this little piece of amazing knowledge! Thank you for showing me what a perfect disciple looks like so that I can work to become like Jesus! Make me like Jesus! Thank you so much! I love you! I ask this in Jesus' name amen.

1 comment:

  1. Isn't it the simple things that seems the hardest to do? In teaching the finance workshop, all the lessons are common sense, but hard to do. Just like following Jesus. Thanks for your insights.

    ReplyDelete