Saturday, January 22, 2011

God's Faithfulness

S: Mark 8:11 “The Pharisees came and began to question Jesus. To test him, they asked him for a sign from heaven. He sighed deeply and said, “Why does this generation ask for a miraculous sign? I tell you the truth, no sign will be given to it. Then he left them, got back into the boat and crossed to the other side.”

O: Jesus just finished doing many miracles that people saw with their own eyes….feeding the 4 thousand, healing the deaf and mute man, healing the syrophoenician woman’s daughter, etc. Yet, they still asked Jesus for more signs to prove who he was.

A: At least once a week, after putting the kids to bed, Ryan and I turn out all the house lights, brew a cup of hot tea and sit together on the porch. This week, we started recounting the many times God has been faithful to reveal Himself and His power in our lives. Like the miracles in the Bible, God has done miracles in our lives and we've been able to witness it firsthand. Our lives are a miracle. How we met is a miracle. Our family is a miracle. Through the difficult times we've faced, God has been with us. We can believe in God to take care of our future because of the faithfulness we've experienced in our past.

P: Lord, you have guided us every step of the way. You have re-directed our path many times and have led us to places we never imagined we’d be. I believe in you. I put my whole life in your hands because I trust you and know that you want the best for me. I pray that we would always have ears to hear you and to follow you. I pray that we would live with a balance of contentment and thankfulness while continuing to seek you and your presence.

1 comment:

  1. That's a great application, recounting what God did in your life. I think it's easy not to do that often enough.

    ReplyDelete