Saturday, January 29, 2011

Mark 14:38 "The spirit is willing but the body is weak."

S: Mark 14:38 “Watch and pray so that you will not fall into temptation. The spirit is willing, but the body is weak.”

O: The disciples were so eager and ambitious. They wanted so badly to do what Jesus asked and they had so much innocent enthusiasm. Like Peter saying he would never deny Jesus and that he would fight to the end, yet he denied him 3 times. Then, at Jesus’ most desperate hour, he finds the disciples sleeping instead of praying and keeping watch. They thought and believed they could do so much more than they were capable of.

A: In my pregnancy, I find that my mind/spirit is strong yet my body is weak. I think in my head that I can do a lot more than my body is willing to do. The other day, I tried carrying a crib up 2 flights of stairs and couldn’t understand why I was so breathless and got frustrated with myself. We took the kids to the pool and I sat on the side watching Riley jump off the diving board. I had the hardest time just sitting there watching her and wanted so badly to join her in the fun. I almost convinced myself that I could go diving and keep our baby safe but good thing Ryan was with me and shut down my thoughts immediately. In life, we have such great intentions. We listen to a message on Sunday and want to change our lives. Our spirit is strong and willing but the follow through and daily habits of discipline become difficult.

P: Father, I thank you that you have given me a spirit that is willing to follow you and ambitious to make changes that glorify you. I pray that you would help me to have the discipline to follow through on my good intentions.

3 comments:

  1. You mean you didn't jump off the diving board? Haha, kidding.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I restrained myself. Didn't want to make a scene....Ryan thought everyone in the pool would stop and stare at the crazy pregnant lady. Small sacrifice for a HUGE blessing coming soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You can ask your hubby for help with the crib or you can call me. Don't jeopardize your or your baby's health in your pregnancy. Yes, we should all be willing, with wisdom.

    ReplyDelete