Saturday, February 26, 2011

Rewards Can Be Messy

Scripture:
"Where no oxen are, the stable is clean, But much revenue comes by the strength of the ox."
Proverbs 14:4

Observation:
I look at the stable as life and the oxen as taking risks. There can be a temptation to live life in such a way that you don't want to step out in faith, take risks or let life get a little messy. After all, its a lot easier when everything has its order and you are comfortable. However, if you want to reap a large harvest or gain revenue, its going to be a little messy and you're going to have to take risks.

Application:
I'm constantly tempted to manage and control things in my life and stay in my comfort zones. There are several things that God has been challenging me to step out in and I know that I could gain so much from taking risks but it can still be scary at times. But when it comes down to it, I don't want to look back on my life and be in my nice little clean stable with no harvest. If I'm taking risks and life gets a little messy, I know that I'll be just fine.

Prayer:
Lord I thank you that I don't have to look to other things for my comfort and peace but that I can find that in you. I pray for a more adventurous spirit and a willingness to take risks. Thank you that through taking risks, the rewards that I gain will include a greater intimacy with you as I learn to step out of my comfort zone and not rely on myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment