Thursday, February 10, 2011

I'm of Great Worth

TITLE: The Value of My Soul
DATE: January 10, 2011, Thursday

SCRIPTURE: Exodus 38:24, “The total gold from the wave offering used for all the work on the sanctuary was 29 talents and 730 shekels, according to the sanctuary shekel.” (Also see, 38:27; 39:14)

OBSERVATION: Moses’ Tabernacle was of enormous worth. Gold was used in almost all the furniture of the sanctuary. The weight of the gold totaled 2,000 pounds. At today’s market value, it was worth exceeds $32,000,000. Silver was used as the base for each of the 100 posts around the tabernacle. Each base weighed 40 pounds. 4 tons or 8,000 pounds were totally used. Today’s value: $2,000,000. 12 precious jewels of great worth decked the priest’s garment signifying each tribe. Altogether, the construction was probably worth close to $40 million dollars. Why so much extravagance for a structure built in the desert for only God and Israel to see?

APPLICATION: I get up each morning grateful for living in our new home. What if I woke to one worth 40 times more in value? God has provided even more for me. I am of enormous worth to God and He has expended a great price to provide my salvation, the spiritual home I live in every day. The tabernacle represents the provision of and price for my salvation. It doesn’t matter what others think or see about the value of the price paid. It is primarily to satisfy God’s demand and my benefit. What a great salvation! What a great value God has placed on my life.

PRAYER: “Open my eyes to the enormity of my salvation and the inestimable value of my soul.”

No comments:

Post a Comment