Saturday, February 19, 2011

Business Impact

Scripture: Acts 19:24
"For a certain man named Demetrius, a silversmith, which made silver shrines for Diana, brought no small gains for the craftsmen."

Observation: The business of the gospel affected the secular business of its day. Yes, transformation will positively affect the businesses of all in the area - but that is only partially true. Godly businesses will be blessed. But those upholding unhealthy values and practices will be negatively impacted. Jesus invading the marketplace affected the business of the idol makers and they lost money and market shares. The decrease of income created a tension and persecution resulted.

Application: I've felt a tinge of guilt getting into the fro-yo business because it might "steal" business from other fro-yo shops. But, in my heart, I want everyone to succeed. I don't want us to succeed at the expense of others. If we could all gain market shares together - that would be the best scenario. But, if that doesn't happen, I need to resign myself to God's will being done in areas I'm not conscious about. Are the other businesses God-fearing, with values of integrity and industry? Will they glorify Him? Whoever has God's hands upon them will prosper, with the possibility that the others might not.

Prayer: "I thank You for guiding and giving wisdom to do Your will. I commit all businesses to prosper in following Your will since the Maui business market is so large, there's room for all of us!"

No comments:

Post a Comment