Friday, February 18, 2011

A Hardened Heart

S - "Do not harden your hearts as in the rebellion. In the day of trial in the wilderness" Hebrews 3:8
O -  Trials will bring testings to our hearts. For the people of Israel, the testing came in the wilderness, not in a place of  comfort. Circumstances brought a hardness of hearts to the people. Journeying through the wilderness with God guiding their lives, they had developed a hardened heart. A combination of lack of faith and hardeness of heart stopped them entering  the Promise Land. They couldn't trust God and didn't believe the promises of God.
A - Many times when I face trials, I can have my  heart  be hardened if I'm not careful. Which means I can still walk with God and have a hardened heart.  Disappointments, trials always test my heart. But my faith says that God is in control even though I don't see it with my natural eyes. My challenge is don't get a hard heart in the times of trials and tribulations.
P - Lord, keep my heart from being hard in the days of trials so I can walk with you with a clean heart and with a heart of faith.

1 comment:

  1. yes, we don't want to be like the Israelites and wander when we don't have to. great words! thanks, Pastor Lance.

    ReplyDelete