Saturday, February 5, 2011

Details, Details, Details

Scripture:

Exodus 25-27...All of it : )

Observation:

Nothing specific stood out to me in this reading but as a whole I guess what struck me was the amount of detail there was in building the tabernacle. I can be detail oriented in my work but when I'm listening to a story I usually just want the gist of it and while I was reading the different measurements, instructions, materials, etc. I was tempted to just glance over it. However, it really got me thinking about how invested God is in our life, even the seemingly insignificant parts. His love for us is so great, that he spent time crafting each and every one of our stories.

Application:

Because I tend to not want the details in stories, I usually miss what God does in the small parts of my life. I'm going to make a real effort in trying to see God not only in the big things in my life, but really look at what He is doing each and every day.

Prayer:

Father God I pray that I wouldn't miss out on what you are doing in my life and in the lives of those around me. I pray that I would see your hand in everything that I'm involved in and be able to celebrate each victory you give me, large or small.

1 comment:

  1. God has been at work in your life in the "little" things. I've seen Him shine through you in your many roles at work. Every little thing counts and God's hand is definitely on your life. Love working with you!

    ReplyDelete