Saturday, February 26, 2011

Proverbs 15:13

S: Proverbs 15:13 “ A happy heart makes the face cheerful, but heartache crushes the spirit.”

O: We are reminded that the state of our heart affects our attitude, our spirit and our appearance.

A: This pregnancy has been incredibly confusing and challenging. It’s been a rollercoaster or concern, excitement and frustration. In the past few days, we’ve been warned of having a large child, possible surgery, various intrusive tests, scheduled induction, cancelled induction, etc. Yesterday, I realized that there’s nothing I can do but trust in the Lord. He is in control. I am not.

So…..I decided to live life and stop worrying/waiting. First thing this morning, we went stand up paddleboarding in Kihei. It was a beautiful day! Being in the sun, experiencing God’s creation and getting physical exercise was AWESOME! We came home and ate a healthy salad with a spinach smoothie! Yum! I spent a few hours studying at Borders before picking the kids up from school and ended the day having the Asato clan over for dinner. It was the perfect day! My heart was happy, my face was cheerful and I stomped out heartache!

We are living life and putting our trust in the Lord. He sees the things we don’t and is guiding us every step of the way. I’m confident of this. Trusting in God is much more fun than worrying/waiting. But I do think that my husband has a preference for the “stay at home Sharina” and the “take naps and relax Sharina”. That’s a much better pace for him. J

P: Father, you are the only one who can change my heart. You reveal your truth to me in so many different ways and you always lead me back to yourself. No one can do this in my life but you. Thank you for loving me and caring for every detail of my life. You are in control and I surrender to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment