Monday, February 28, 2011

Are you the friend of God?

S-12 This is my commandment, That ye love one another, as I have loved you.13 Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends.14 Ye are my friends, if ye do whatsoever I command you.John 15:9 KJV - YouVersion.com

O- Jesus sets the condition of His friendship. There is a difference between love and friendship. Love is unconditional. God sent Jesus into the world because of unconditional love. Friendship is conditional. Friendship is only shared with those with the same values. Friendship is only enjoyed by the ones that are doing the same things as Jesus. Obedience is required for friendship to be enjoyed. Jesus wasn't selfish when he asked for obedience because it wasn't for him. He was telling others to love each other. If people did that, they would enjoy his friendship. Blessed are the peacemakers for they shall be called sons of God

A- Jesus makes it very clear here that to enjoy friendship with Him, I have to do everything I can to love and serve others. Relationship with Christ cannot happen without relationship with others. The conduit of fellowship with Christ is to have a serving heart that is bent on mending broken relationships.

P- God, please help me to view my relationship with you through the eyes of how I love and serve others. Please help me to maintain the view of you as my father in law and everyone else as your kids.

No comments:

Post a Comment