Monday, February 7, 2011

Exodus 24


S- ex 24:12-16

O- God called moses to the mountain so he could spend time with him. Then moses spent six days there waiting for God to call him before God spoke to him. Then he entered the cloud of God and waited 40 days for all of the instructions he needed to lead the people.

God knew moses' schedule and he knew how many responsibilities were waiting for him yet he still made moses wait for him. How many people would have grown impatient and gave up before that 7th day? How many people would have spent a little time in God's presence and left before God gave them everything they needed?

In our american culture we can get so caught up in our schedule that they control us rather than us being in control of our schedules. God wants us to be responsible leaders that people can rely on, however he also wants us to spend time with him. To just to get stuff and leave by to fellowship with him. He is willing to hold back instructions from us some times so that we will dig deeper into His prescence and/or start to enjoy being there at the feet of our father and not make our relationship only and assignments and tasks.

A- I believe God wants me to increase my prayer time with Him this year. Not only to hear his voice more clearly or for the results in my life but because for some reason He likes spending time with me and He wants me to like spending time with Him just as much. I hope to have the patience that moses had and the willingness to spend as much time as it takes in prayer until God thinks I'm ready to receive the instructions he has for me. I also hope to stay in his presence for as long as he wants me to so I can get everything I need from Him and not just what I think is enough or what others might consider enough.

P- Father thank you for wanting to spend time with me. Please help me never to take that for granted. Please help me to want to spend time with you so much that I don't even need to get anything out of it but getting to sit at your feet which I wouldn't be able to do if Jesus didn't die for us. Please give me the patience and commitment moses had to wait on you for as long as it takes and please allow me to spend as much time in your Glory this year as I can.

2 comments:

  1. Two posts in 2 days???? Overachiever.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i was inspired by Dr W A Criswell of Dallas who grew a church of 20,000 in the Baptist denomination. his daily schedule was to spend all morning with God reading, studying the Word and praying. he would teach twice a week all he was learning from God during those times. God will meet with you too.

    ReplyDelete