Saturday, February 5, 2011

Brokeness of God

9-11, Choosing To Love Amidst Pain
S-   9And they that escape of you shall remember me among the nations whither they shall be carried captives, because I am broken with their whorish heart, which hath departed from me, and with their eyes, which go a whoring after their idols: and they shall lothe themselves for the evils which they have committed in all their abominations. Ez 6:9

O- What if every wife could look at the thoughts of her husband, I wonder how many wives would be emotionally broken? (How many husbands would be physically broken by their wives the next morning?)

What is the pain God must feel if pain is proportional to love? God loves the most and he also sees the most.  God has emotions. He can be hurt. God is jealous of our affection and He hears every thought. Sees every intention of the heart. God becomes emotionally broken when we go after other things.

God loves each person more than a wife loves a husband. The pain He feels is greater than what a wife would feel from an unfaithful husband. But God's pain is not limited to one person. The pain God feels is multiplied by 6 billion people.

When we get hurt, to protect ourselves, we stop loving. We stop caring because it hurts too much to care. We can turn it off. But God IS love. He cannot stop being who He is. God cannot turn off His love for us.

He is constantly broken, constantly hurting, constantly jealous because he is constantly loving

A-What can I do to be pleasing to God? I can be one that doesn't break his heart. I can be one that gives Him joy. I can be one that focuses to be someone that God can look into my thoughts and my soul and that the intents of my heart will be pleasing to Him.

P-Thank you that you never give up. Thank you that even when you get hurt, you don't turn away to protect yourself, but you reach out. The cross is the ultimate example of how we hurt you and how forgiving you are. Please help me to be a reflection of you.

Help me to love people through my disappointments and hurts because you do the same for me everyday.

No comments:

Post a Comment