Friday, February 18, 2011

Letting Go...


S: Acts 13: 1-2 “In the church at Antioch, there were prophets and teachers: Barnabas, Simeon, Lucius, Manaen, and Saul. The Holy Spirit said, “Set apart for me Barnabas and Saul for the work to which I have called them.” So after they had fasted and prayed, they placed their hands on them and sent them off.”

O: God called upon the church to be willing to give up two of their five preachers/teachers. Even though we hate to see people leave, we should always be glad to share those in the church, with others who may need them more than our congregation. Some have described missions as three people carrying one end of a heavy log, and only one person at the other end. Missions is sending one of those three to the other end to help the person who needs more help.

A: Sometimes, we have a limited view of the Kingdom of God and can only see what we see. We do not know what we do not know. Releasing people to follow God’s call on their lives is tough to do, yet essential. Of course, this should be done with wisdom, counsel and blessing from those who know you best. Looking back on my life, I’ve been blessed. My parents released me from our local church and 15 years later, I’ve returned with a greater love for God and His people. The local church I was a part of in college, where I grew the most spiritually, released me to join the staff of another church and this was the most fruitful 8 years of ministry where I fell in love with the mission of the local church.

P: Father, I pray that you would expand my vision and allow me to see the things I cannot see. I pray that I would release people for your purposes, that I would bless them and trust them over to you at all times. I pray that you would bring the people that we need to build our church on Maui and that you would bless our efforts.

No comments:

Post a Comment