Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Understanding God

S - " So Moses the servant of the Lord died there in the land of Moab, according to the word of the Lord." Deuteronomy 34:5

O - We know the story that Moses could not enter the Promise land because he disobeyed God. He was the vessel who God used to delivered the people of Israel from Egypt, lead them through the wilderness and brought  them  to the point of the Promise land. The land he had been preaching to the people as the promise from God but he could not enter in. Imagine that feeling but interestingly enough the bible says in v. 6-7 God buried him and his eyes were not dim or his vigor diminished. As we know that Moses was one of the two at the Mount of Transfiguration. There are so many things can be gleaned from this event but knowing what happened, God had a better future for Moses which was an eternal glory even though he failed God.

A - I realize that disappointments and failures are part of  life and sometimes God will not change it  but eternally there will be a glory waiting in heaven. A lot of times, I see only the present and the natural but God wants me to see that there is an eternal future. Sometimes its hard, I know Moses had to carry the disappointment walking in the earthly life but he was rewarded eternally.

P - Lord, help me when disappointments and failures come that I see an eternal future. I need Your grace to walk so whatever comes my way I can handle it.

1 comment:

  1. P. Lance,
    You are a great example for us younger ones. Thanks for bringing us a perspective of maturity and faithfulness even through the tough times. We really appreciate you and the model you give us to follow.

    ReplyDelete