Saturday, March 19, 2011

God's Assignments

TITLE: God’s Assignment
DATE: March 16, 2011

SCRIPTURE: Numbers 31:1
“The Lord said to Moses, ‘Take vengance on the Midianites for the Israelites. After that, you will be gathered to your people.”

OBSERVATION: God gave Moses his final assignment as one day we will all be given our final assignment. After this task was completed, his life on earth would be over. He was to punish the Midianites and Balaam for the scheme against Israel by being enticed by the Midianite women. After this, Moses would be taken, not from his earthly family but taken to his heavenly family. The emphasis was not on what he was leaving, but what he was gaining – his people in heaven, those who have gone before. After God makes His assignment clear, we’ll join the cheering section watching and praying for us.

APPLICATION: I don’t think I am faced with my final assignment, but I want my current assignment from God to be clear. Transitioning the church leadership, leading Maui’s pastors, writing books to convey the story of our church family & insights from God’s Word, reaching Okinawa and Japan and developing my gifts in the arena of finances are areas God is laying on my heart. I see it clearly in four quadrants – Family, Legacy, Church and Mission. There are many areas yet to complete. I haven’t come to my final assignment yet, but I would want it as clear, at that future time, as it was to Moses, and be prepared to meet those cheering & praying for me.

PRAYER: “Open my eyes to the ‘cloud of witnesses’ encouraging me to finish my course well and sensitize my heart to heari & do God’s assignments for me.”

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for blazing the trail and leading the way. There is a generation following your faithfulness to the call that God has on your life. Grace Bible Maui has benefited from your teaching gift for 38 yrs. Praying that your books will get finished and that your written work will make be a blessing to the greater Body of Christ.

    ReplyDelete