Friday, March 18, 2011

Importance of Prayer

S - "And the Lord was very angry with Aaron and would have destroyed him; so I prayed for Aaron also at the same time." Deuteronomy 9:20
O - While Moses was up on the mountain meeting with God, Aaron had been leader in his absence. The people pressured Aaron and he gave in allowing them to make a golden calf. The anger of the Lord came against Israel and Aaron but it was because of Moses' prayers that the people were spared from God's wrath to be wiped off the face of the earth.
A - It showed me that in prayer: 1. One person can cry out and intercede for a nation where God would listen. If it wasn't for Moses' prayer, Israel would have been destroyed by God's judgment. 2. Prayer can change God's judgment on people's lives. Again, if it wasn't for Moses, God would have killed Aaron. Sometimes I think that my prayer for people goes on dead ground but in reading this passage, I understand when I pray for people I could have God's judgment be withheld on them.
P - Lord, give me the grace to be an intercessor for people and even the nation of Japan during this time.

No comments:

Post a Comment