Friday, March 4, 2011

Focus

S - ""I have set the Lord always before me; Because He is at my right hand I shall not be moved." Psalms 16:8

O - David declared that when he sets  the Lord before him, he shall not be moved.. He shall be able to stand  against  what ever comes his way. His insight was when you put God as the focus you will be able to withstand anything.  I remember the first time paddle boarding, no insightful instructions were given on how to  balance and paddle. So I was  flipping and flopping trying to keep my balance on the board and paddling at the same time. Then I saw a young boy just gliding along, frustrated with myself I yelled out, "How are you suppose to stand on the board?" The young boy said,"The way you stand up and paddle is by looking at something in front of you and focus on that object". What was I doing was looking at the board and water at the same time which didn't work out.  So when I did it(focusing on an object) things got better, the flipping and flopping got less and less.

A - I am reminded that in order to have a balanced life I need have one focus which is Christ. Don't  look all around but straight forward and when I do this I will have a balanced life.

P - Lord, help me not to not lose focus of You. That way,  I won't be flipping and flopping in life. Give me your grace more and more each day.

No comments:

Post a Comment