Saturday, March 26, 2011

Is God Responsible For Natural Disaster?

Click on picture to read story of Christians helping Japan
Natural Disaster is NOT God's judgement. It's His mercy.

S- Haggai 2:17 NLT
I sent blight and mildew and hail to destroy everything you worked so hard to produce. Even so, you refused to return to me, says the Lord.

O- God sent evil to bring us back to Him. Many times we look as evil as evil and because of that we reason that those things could never come from the hand of God. This is not congruent with the Bible. Many times God sent plagues, war, and hunger to bring people back to himself. When we see that God is better than health, peace and food, we will understand that the absence of these things are good if it leads us to God. People that see these things as better than God will never understand the goodness of God in absence of these things.

A- I need to see that God is better than anything else in my life. Right now I need to see that God is better than peace. He is asking me to do things that will bring tension and stress, but if I am obedient I know that I will experience the presence of God and that is better than peace. Right now I am struggling to see God as good because of what He is asking me to do. This is because I value peace more than Him. 

P- God, you are good. You are the best thing that could ever happen to me. Help me to let go of things that I view as important and embrace you. I love you and know there is nothing better in my life than growing closer to you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment