Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Following Christ

Numbers 9: 15-23 “The cloud above the tabernacle looked like fire. Whenever the cloud lifted from above the Tent, the Israelites set out; wherever the cloud settled, the Israelites encamped.”

O: The Lord directed his people through this cloud. It was that simple. When the cloud lifted they would set out. When it settled, they would camp. All they had to do was obey the Lord’s order and follow the cloud. Sometimes I wish it were that easy for us as followers of Christ to follow God’s lead. A cloud would be so convenient…..no worrying about where to go, what to do, who to reach out to, etc.

A: The past few days have been life changing for our family. We had baby #4…little Levi Edward who has brought an incredible amount of joy into our lives. My inlaws from Michigan arrived and are living with us. Our children are adjusting to all of these changes and their response is tons of enthusiasm and hyperactivity. My physical body is recovering and not as quickly as I’d like. With all of these changes in the past few days, I suddenly felt overwhelmed last night and impatient with everyone around me. I took a moment to evaluate why I was having such a bad attitude and realized that in the hustle and bustle of life these past few days, I haven’t spent time alone with the Lord. This is crucial for me. God soothes my soul. He brings peace, joy, security, purpose and passion to who I am as a person. He is my identity. I’ve been so busy lately that I haven’t taken the time to pause. I’ve been focused on myself and the people around me that I’ve stepped out from being under the cloud of God’s grace.

P: Father, I’m constantly reminded of my need for you. I’m completely dependent on you as my source of life. Thank you for loving me so much that you always draw me near and pull me to yourself. Where you lead, I will follow. You are the cloud that guides and directs my every step. Thank you for caring for the small things in my life. Love you much!

No comments:

Post a Comment