Friday, March 4, 2011

S -
Leviticus 25:17 - Do not take advantage of each other, but fear your God.
Leviticus 25:36 - Do not take interest or any profit from them, but fear your God,
Leviticus 25:43 - Do not rule over them ruthlessly, but fear your God.

O - There are three instances in Leviticus 25 where God says to fear God. In all three instances he starts by saying a command of how to deal with people. One thing might be that a healthy fear of God is manifested in correctly and righteously dealing with people; maybe a good diagnostic test for our own fear of God. A second thing is that these three commands are specific examples, but the principal in all of them is that in our dealings with people, we are to fear God and treat people fairly.

A - In all my dealings with people, let me always remember to fear God. And whenever I find myself treating someone unfairly or unrighteously, I must ask myself if I am fearing God at that point. If not, by God's grace let me repent, heaven forbid God should have to lead me through an event to fear him.

P - God, thank you that you are so involved with and connected to humans like a family that a healthy fear of you would lead to right conduct among humans. Further, help me to live right as son in your family should.

No comments:

Post a Comment