Saturday, March 5, 2011

Hebrews 11:19

Scripture:
"Abraham reasoned that God could even raise the dead, and in a manner of speaking he did receive Issac back from the dead." Hebrews 11:19

Observation:
God had told Abraham that his descendants would come from Issac and yet God also told him to go and sacrifice his son. Rather then question God on how it would all work out, Abraham responded in faith. He didn't discount the promise that he had received from God but rather reasoned that if this was what God wanted then he was just going to raise Issac from the dead. He didn't drag his feet and wait around for God to tell him to stop, he had already gone to the place of full obedience in his mind that when God did say to stop, it was as if Abraham was receiving Issac back from the dead.

Application:
When God speaks to me to do something I hope that my response will be the same as Abraham's, especially in the times when a sacrifice may seem to cancel out a promise. I need to remind myself that I don't always, if ever, see the whole picture. Fortunately God does see the whole picture and I can trust that the things He has me do, is exactly where I need to be.

Prayer:
Lord I pray that I would respond to challenges that come up in my life with the same faith that Abraham had. I hope to be a risk taker that even though I don't see the whole picture or how something will end up, I can take a leap of faith and trust that you'll catch me. Help me to be fully obedient to do the things that you ask of me so that I can live a life that honors you.

No comments:

Post a Comment