Friday, March 25, 2011

S - Galatians 6:9 - Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up.

O - This is a promise that if we persevere in doing good, that we will reap a harvest from it. Just as a farmer spends much of the year working hard, preparing the soil, planting, and waiting, when the time for harvest comes, all his work was more than worth what he reaps. Thus we must keep in mind that the harvest, will come, and will be worth the work we put in.

A - Even though my life isn't that busy, or that difficult, I still have times where I feel tired physically and my will to keep doing good is weak. I can wish that I had another week of vacation to just get away and relax. However, I must remember that the harvest will come, because God is trustworthy, and that the harvest will be worth it, because God is a good father who gives good gifts.

P - God help me to persevere in doing good, to not grow weary, but zealously do good toward you and to those around me. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment