Saturday, March 12, 2011

S- Hebrews 13:17 - Have confidence in your leaders and submit to their authority, because they keep watch over you as those who must give an account. Do this so that their work will be a joy, not a burden, for that would be of no benefit to you.

O- When I first became a Christian I had an unhealthy view of authority and would follow them so I didn't have to hear God on my own and I would serve them to gain their approval and in hopes that one day others would serve me. Then when I started to hear God on my own I realized that leaders where supposed to serve those that God has entrusted them with as well. I started to fell that God wanted me to focus on serving those that I was leading to as well but instead of doing both I swung too far the other way and didn't care about bringing my authority joy but only care about bringing God joy and about seeing those that I ministered to live life full of the joy of the Lord.

A- I want to start making those that I serve under feel like I am a joy to work with and not a burden.

P- Lord please forgive me for not following this passage of scripture and please help me to do so for the rest of my life. Help me to find balance in this area and to be great at serving everyone around me whether they are leading me, I am leading them, or we are walking along side of each other. My hope is that everyone will find joy in working with me.

1 comment:

  1. Tyson, I'm finding a lot of joy in working with you and I'm stoked that God is working in your heart. Good stuff.

    ReplyDelete