Wednesday, July 27, 2011

What's Not Written

Scripture: I Chronicles 1:1, "Adam, Seth, Enosh"
Observation: Do you notice what is missing? Cain and Abel. What do we learn from what's missing about them?
1. Family conflicts alienating family members is part of our life of sin. That's true for the first children of Adam and Eve. Cain killed Abel and both of them are missing from the genealogy of Adam. Without Christ, our families would live fractured and divided, too.
2. God's purpose will always be fulfilled. Though Cain and Abel aren't in the lineup, God replaced them with Seth. God wants to use us but, if we aren't willing, He'll fulfill His purpose without us.
3. This is a prophecy of Jesus killed by the Jews. The 1st son of Adam was killed by his brother. Jesus, the only begotten of the Father, was betrayed and killed by his brothers, the Jews. The Jews were replaced by the Gentiles, like Seth replaced Cain.
Application: I have difficulty accepting family squabbles whenever I work with it. I realize that will always follow human life, even in my life, so I need to always watch my heart toward my family. I want God to use me, not replace me with someone else. I appreciate that I, a Gentile, am part of God's plan.
Prayer: "Thank you for speaking to me about my attitude toward family and my destiny in Christ. I want follow and please You."

No comments:

Post a Comment